Theme alternatives?

edited August 2012 in General
Not that onyx is bad, but I was just wondering if anyone has created any alternatives to onyx? I know it's a huge undertaking but I love the way Enyo 1 looked as a theme, like the buttons, toolbars etc. Maybe someone could come up with a simplified way(a program?) to make themes, like they did for making "Themes for webOS", where it'd create a style sheet for you, etc.

Comments

• The ability to alter themes is something that we're actively working on. However, some developers are a bit ahead of us... look at https://github.com/opticq/Heritage for an example of a Mojo-themed widget library that opticq is developing.
  • Something that actually looks really good is Twitter Bootstrap.

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap

Just download it and pull out the CSS. Lots of different kinds of buttons etc. Seems to be cross-browser friendly. One could manipulate it and add themes for things like the Picker, etc.
  • +1 for Enyo 1 theme, it was such an elegant theme, that different from others (Android & iPhone)
  • Android 4.x doesn't support border-image, unfortunately. Or Phonegap doesn't...
  • Android 4.x doesn't support border-image, unfortunately. Or Phonegap doesn't...
    I am using border-image a lot in my app, and it seems just fine on android 4.0.3 and 4.0.4
  • Are you using phonegap? Because it's definitely not working on CM9 on the Touchpad, but it works fine in webOS.
  • using phonegap, or mosync, it works with no problem, though in phone gap i do see some thin lines on the touchpad. could be because i am using -webkit-border-image as well.

This is what i am using for border image:

.normal-item {
    	-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    	border-width: 5px;
            border-image: url("images/menuback.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    	-webkit-border-image: url("images/menuback.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    	color:black;
    	font-size: 85%;
    	font-weight: bold;
    }

.dark-item {
           border-image: url("images/darkitem.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    	-webkit-border-image: url("images/darkitem.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    }

.very-dark-item {
            border-image: url("images/verydarkitem.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    	-webkit-border-image: url("images/verydarkitem.png") 5 5 5 5 stretch stretch;
    }

• hi Ben, is there any timeline of themes? heritage that you shared above work greatly in webkit browser, but unfortunately , it does not work well in firefox.. probably same as what we have in enyo1
  • No, we're not announcing a specific date for that work right now; it depends a lot on what other development tasks we've got. I think we consider it a stretch goal for 2.1.
  • Yeah, unfortunately it uses a lot of the old CSS code used in Mojo and it's difficult to translate that to make it as cross-browser as possible, one of the reasons I have stopped working on it for a while...along with college starting again.

For those interested, here is the live link: http://enziyo.com/webos/heritage/examples/HeritageMatters/