enyo-unselectable not working on HTC Sense 4.0 Android devices?

Can anyone confirm if the enyo-unselectable class is working correctly on Android devices running HTC Sense 4.0, like the One X?

I have an AT&T HTC One X running Android 4.0.4 and HTC Sense 4.0. It appears the browser ignores "user-select: none" but would like to confirm, and see if there is a decent work around.

I have an Enyo 2 app wrapped with PhoneGap 1.7 and you can long-tap in the app UI and get the Sense controls for text selection in the app - even though the whole app is wrapped with "enyo-unselectable". This appears to repro on non-enyo websites in the browser as well, so I suspect this is a general Sense 4.0 issue? If so, I would expect this would be a fairly serious, wide-spread issue with Android enyo apps?

Comments

• That's not good. user-select is pretty important for getting good scrolling and other touch behavior. I don't have a HTC Sense device to test this with; I'm doing my Android testing on a Nexus Galaxy & a Sony S, but I'll see about getting a hold of a One X device.
  • The performance I have seen very good on the ATT HTC One X. It seemed *significantly* faster in my case, than an unlocked Galaxy Nexus running either 4.0.x or 4.1.1

Perhaps what they've done to change text selection in Sense from stock android ends up breaking user-select here. It does appear to be working in the Chrome browser on the same device.. Just not the default Browser or the WebView PhoneGap gets.