Issue With Deployment

edited July 2012 in Packaging Apps
I've encountered the following error when attempting to deploy my Enyo 2.0b5 web app via the deploy.sh script supplied with Bootplate:
==========
build step
==========
{ enyo: '/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/..',
  source: 'package.js',
  'no-alias': true,
  output: '../../build/enyo' }

node.js:134
        throw e; // process.nextTick error, or 'error' event on first tick
        ^
TypeError: Bad argument
    at Object.mkdirSync (fs.js:360:18)
    at /home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/minify.js:137:6
    at Object.finish (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:36:4)
    at Object.more (eval at <anonymous> (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:10))
    at Object.more (eval at <anonymous> (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:10))
    at Object.load (eval at <anonymous> (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:10))
    at Object.depends (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:30:16)
    at eval at <anonymous> (/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:10)
    at /home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:2
{ enyo: '/home/taylor/Dropbox/Pandora_Stuff/jmtk-deploy/enyo/tools/..',
  source: 'package.js',
  output: '../build/app' }
NodeJS is installed (v0.4.9) and I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. Any help is much appreciated.

(On a side note, it might be good to say in the Bootplate wiki that nodejs is required for the deploy script. That was my initial problem until I installed nodejs and got this error.)

Comments

• We only tested these scripts on node 0.6 and later. It looks like 0.6 adds a default argument for the mode in the fs.mkdir and fs.mkdirSync calls. Try changing line 137 of minifier.js to add a "0777" argument after outfolder, e.g.
    fs.mkdirSync(outfolder, 0777);
    or just upgrade your node to a 0.6 or 0.8 stable version.
  • Yeah, you really don't want to be on Node 0.4.x if you don't have to. It's a bit "quirky", and the API has moved on quite a bit since then. If you're just starting out using Node.js, 0.8.1 is probably the version to start with.
  • Thanks guys, updating to 0.8.1 worked. Don't forget to add these things to the wiki! :)
  • edited October 2012
    I'm using node 0.6.12 with Enyo 2.0.1 and I'm seeing a similar problem:
    { enyo: '/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/..',
      argv: 
       { remain: [],
         cooked: 
          [ '--enyo',
            '/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/..' ],
         original: 
          [ '-enyo',
            '/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/..' ] },
      source: undefined }

node.js:201
            throw e; // process.nextTick error, or 'error' event on first tick
                  ^

TypeError: Cannot call method 'replace' of undefined
        at Object.rewrite (eval at <anonymous> (/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:11:10))
        at Object.walk (/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/walker.js:38:20)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/home/tjwebb/workspace/nbt/icf-dte/src/main/webapp/enyo/tools/minifier/minify.js:168:8)
        at Module._compile (module.js:441:26)
        at Object..js (module.js:459:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:348:32)
        at Function._load (module.js:308:12)
        at Array.0 (module.js:479:10)
        at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:41)
  • Get version .8+ ?