Before you do the steps at http://enyojs.com/docs/latest/developer-guide/getting-started/conversion-to-2.7.html
1. Update any custom libraries to 2.7 (recursion!)
2. Fix any automated unit or functional tests that have been commented out, or are out of date. Properly written automated tests are a great way to prevent bugs from creeping in during conversion.
3. Delete files not used by your project, such as deploy.md, Theme.less, CONTRIBUTING.md, etc.
4. Split your app's utility code into functional units. If a function is only used in one Component, consider moving it there. Split automated and functional tests likewise.
5. Analyze your globals, and refactor to a smaller scope, if possible. If a global is properly used by two parts of your app, move it to its own file, so it can be converted to a module, later.