Enyo Apps on windows 10

Hi all,
Have tried to follow the documentation on deploying on windows 10 but the paragraph
Your project structure was built with your main page named default.html. Change the name of this file to dist/index.html to match your Enyo application. , does not seem to work.
First VSC does not accept / (forward slash) as part of a file name. Second , when I rename default.html to index.html and make the change in package.appxmanifest I get the basic windows 10 javascript page with content goes here.
Has any body had success with deploying to windows 10?. Using ver.2.7.
Any pointers appreciated.

Comments

• From the guide at: http://enyojs.com/docs/latest/developer-guide/deploying-apps/enyo-apps-on-windows-10.html

Issue 1
    "Your project structure was built with your main page named default.html. Change the name of this file to dist/index.html to match your Enyo application."
    You don't actually need to change/rename your default.html file. The guide should probably be updated to more clearly describe that you simply need to change the VS project's entry html page from default.html to enyo's default dist/index.html location. In fact, I just delete/remove the default.html file from my VS project altogether. That won't be a problem as long as you update your entry html page in your package.appxmanifest file.

Issue 2
    I'm assuming you have successfully created your enyo application and have it launching/working locally outside of VS. If you package your enyo application to the default dist/index.html location, all you should need to do is bring the dist folder into your VS project and add the enyo app's entry page (relative to your VS project's location, of course) to your package.appxmanifest file. See my screenshot here:

Let me know if you are still running into any further issues. My VSC/enyo2.7 environment can successfully build Windows applications following the guide, so I'd like to make sure we get you up & running likewise :smile:
  • Hi germboy,

Thanks for clarifying. Deleting the default.html file and setting the index.html path to dist/index.html for Start page in package.appxmanifest works fine.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.