Show-off / Shameless self-advertisement category?

edited March 2012 in General
Could we add this as a discussion category? It would be a good place for people to look at example of enyo apps/sites in the wild.

Anyhow here's mine, built with enyo 2.0 - the website for my new (enyo 1.0) app, Taurus: http://taurusapp.com It features my own take on a tab-pane with some animations (if you're using Chrome of Firefox). I've even embedded a Vanilla forum just like this site :-)

Comments

• it looks like it's not working on firefox:
    function () {console.log("BAD WIDTH: " + this.$['tab-0'].getBounds().width);console.log("MARKER WIDTH: " + this.$['tab-0'].hasNode().clientWidth);this.setMarkerPosition(this.$['tab-0'].getBounds());this.currentIndex = 0;}.bind is not a function
    setupViews(views=undefined)EnyoKi...Pane.js (line 94)
    create()EnyoKi...Pane.js (line 101)
    constructed(a=Object { isChrome=true, name="tabpane", more...})enyo.js (line 455)
    makeCtor()enyo.js (line 346)
    create(a=Object { isChrome=true, name="tabpane", more...})enyo.js (line 546)
    _createComponent(a=Object { name="tabpane", kind="EnyoKit.TabPane", views=[4]}, b=Object { isChrome=true})enyo.js (line 517)
    createComponents(a=[Object { kind="Element", style="text-align:center", components=[1]}, Object { name="tabpane", kind="EnyoKit.TabPane", views=[4]}, Object { name="footer", kind="Element", more...}], b=Object { isChrome=true})enyo.js (line 523)
    inherited(a=[[Object { kind="Element", style="text-align:center", components=[1]}, Object { name="tabpane", kind="EnyoKit.TabPane", views=[4]}, Object { name="footer", kind="Element", more...}], Object { isChrome=true}], b=undefined)enyo.js (line 356)
    createComponents()enyo.js (line 590)
    createChrome(a=[Object { kind="Element", style="text-align:center", components=[1]}, Object { name="tabpane", kind="EnyoKit.TabPane", views=[4]}, Object { name="footer", kind="Element", more...}])enyo.js (line 465)
    initComponents()enyo.js (line 461)
    create()enyo.js (line 458)
    inherited(a=[], b=undefined)enyo.js (line 356)
    create()enyo.js (line 581)
    inherited(a=[], b=undefined)
  • Works here in FF (11.0 windows / 10.0.2 Debian).

Looks nice.
    However when I go from right to left through the tabs, the content moves away to the right, somehow that doesn't 'feel' right :-)
  • Yeah working fine for me on Firefox 8.0 on Windows 7 (wtf has my Firefox not updated?), and Firefox 11.0 on Ubuntu 11. It even works in the TouchPad browser (and at a reasonable speed too).

Good point about the fly-in, I'll make a note and change it when I have time. I always thought the same of the LeftRightFlyin in enyo 1.0.
  • edited March 2012
    I can actually see what the problem is - Firefox isn't finding a default 'bind' method. What version of FF are you using?

(Also please don't post more code as it isn't open-source at the moment).
  • Didn't notice that my version of firefox is very outdated... I'm on firefox 3.6.8 (yes I know but I don't have any admin rights to update it...)
  • Awesome, OMA... I just posted about this on http://blog.enyojs.com.
  • Wow thanks Ben :-) Made my day!
  • Speaking of advertisement, what else can we do to get our projects featured on The Enyo Blog?
  • Best thing it to start a forum topic on them where you talk about how you built them. Be sure to have some pictures and I'll try to notice them and get them queued up. If you don't see anything happen, ping me offline.
  • In that case, a show-off/shameless self-advertisement category for the forums would really help, like omastudios suggested.
  • Just keep watching... I feel like there might be a pleasant surprise very soon.