Testing app on LuneOS

Hi all, bear with me please, this is my first question! I'm also a little unsure as to whether this should be here or with the LuneOS guys.

I've got my own app that i've developed, first in Mojo, then Enyo v1 & i've now converted it to Enyo2. Don't worry, i'll get to the point soon.

It's primarily a set of sliding panels, with the default being #1 (not #0). #0 i'm using as a hidden settings panel that can be accessed by swiping the main panel away. Works a treat in most places! I thought i'd be clever for narrow screen devices, so to drag panel 1 back there's a small draggable on the toolbar of #1 that I give a negative position when #1 isn't visible, so that the draggable is visible & #1 can be dragged back again.

As I said, works a treat in browser, my Pre3 & TouchPad with webOS.

On Monday I got myself a Nexus4 to test LuneOS with. Loaded up my app, gave it a quick test & found that as soon as the draggable element moves, it creates a completely transparent strip of the same width (50px I believe), down the right hand side. And by completely, I mean that you can see the wallpaper underneath the app. Slide the element back over, & the strip follows with it, revealing the appropriate portion of the wallpaper until the panel is back where it should be where everything renders as it should.

I've created a fiddle to demonstrate, it can't replicate what I see on the LuneOS/Nexus4 though. Maybe anyone has an idea?

https://jsfiddle.net/Novaldex/9L7jsh2u/

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ah yes, knew i'd forget something.

If you try the fiddle, set the results area to something narrow in order for it to work (I recommend less than 480px).

Thanks..
  • edited October 2015
    It could be a rendering issue in LuneOS. You could try making sure your body doesn't have a transparent background.
  • Hi Roy, many thanks for your post.

I was thinking it's a rendering issue too, but thought i'd check here in case I was being daft first.

I don't believe i've got a transparent background anywhere, but the element itself might. Everything else should be set to #eaeaea from what I can make out. I'll double check.

I've noticed something else. If I open the app in landscape & open the settings panel, it still has the transparent column. But change to portrait view & the transparency only occupies the top portion of the screen, the bottom portion displays it exactly as i'm expecting it.

Now I know how, i've taken some screenshots:

Normal portrait view
    Landscape view
    Portrait view after landscape

I'll go double check the transparent body..

Thanks!
  • No extra transparency, only what the grabber image has itself. Examined it using Chrome's developer tools to see what was involved, not perfect mind.

In that particular area, the background from underneath should actually be #4c4c4c.

Thanks..
  • I believe it's a bug in the rendering engine in LuneOS. As suggested, you could try forcing the background of various pieces to be a certain color and see if you can mask the problem.
  • Thanks Roy, much appreciated.

I had a play about with a few options and found something that works for me. It's only a dragable element so I found I could put another one on the originally hidden panel on the right to simulate what i'm needing. Still needs a few tweaks but I don't get that transparent artifact now. I'll probably still play around with it for a bit out of curiosity.

Curiously enough i've just found a similar issue within the Tweaks app on LuneOS too. Shows up when you've opened up in portrait mode, open a new panel & then switch to landscape. I can replicate it fortunately.

Many thanks for your help!
  • Welcome and good luck!