Enyo support for Windows 10 apps

Does Enyo supports Windows 10 for apps? And How? Any sample code available?
Thanks for your help

Comments

• I tried migrating my Windows 8.1 apps into Windows 10 using Enyo 2.4 and it seems that there new security changes that does not allow me to tabs on the header or on the body of the html file.

It seems that I am able to go around this, if I enter the line below in the default.js provided by Microsoft on the function app.onactivated.

new appcontroller().renderInto(document.getElementById("body2"));

However, my next issue is that windows now gives the following error:

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'execUnsafeLocalFunction'

This is related to this line of code from enyo.js file:

window.MSApp.execUnsafeLocalFunction(function(){e.innerHTML=t})

Any idea on how to resolve this?
  • Sounds like they may have removed that method from MSApp for Windows 10 apps. We'd have to investigate a bit more; I haven't built anything for Windows 10 myself. There appear to be some similar methods in WinJS you might want to investigate if it's available to you.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for your response, I have no idea what the method "execUnsafeLocalFunction" is for and why it is used within the Enyo.js file. Do you know if anyone from the Enyo team can help me? Or, what is the best way to contact them?

I will keep trying things on my end but some expert help will be greatly appreciated.
  • You're in the right place for Enyo answers. I'm on the Enyo team and there are several others that monitor this forum. I don't know if anyone else on the team has tried out Windows 10 apps yet but I'll ask and let you know.

Regarding execUnsafeLocalFunction, it is necessary in Windows 8 apps in order to update innerHTML as the renderInto method does. From MSDN: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/Hh767331.aspx
  • Thanks for the info, doing some research and testing, it seems that replacing the line:

window.MSApp.execUnsafeLocalFunction(function(){e.innerHTML=t})

with the line below in the Enyo.js script does the trick:

WinJS.Utilities.setInnerHTMLUnsafe(e, t)

I do get a lot of warning messages but the app is running. I will continue testing and thanks for your help.
  • edited August 2015
    Any updates on your conversion over to Windows 10?
  • After fixing this, I did not experience any other issue that is related to the Enyo framework. It seems to work as good as always.
  • Would you be willing to create a pull request that detects windows 10 and uses the correct method?
  • I am sorry, but I would not be able to work on that at this time.
  • OK, we'll keep track of it for our next public release.