Problem with Chrome and touch/mouse events

Hi all,

See the list example:
http://jsfiddle.net/api/post/enyo/nightly/dependencies/onyx,layout,canvas,g11n/

On my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Windows 8.1) running Chrome 34, if I do this:

1. Add a few people to the list
2. Click on a person or persons in the list (they highlight blue or turn off, if already selected)
3. Take your fingers and drag a couple of them all over the names

Tapping and touch events still work, but after this the mouse events are no longer called.

Any thoughts on what might be going on and, more importantly how to prevent this? Note, I haven't seen this in IE (11).

Thanks!
Andrew

Comments

• Debugging through some of the source, before step 3, a click fires "onclick" and "ontap".

After step 3, a click only fires "onclick". Weird.

(I added comments to dispatchBubble in Component.js, to see this)
  • Hi Andrew, thanks for pointing this out - we'll investigate this a bit further. It's possible that dragging your finger over the names initiated a drag that didn't get properly handled and completed.
  • Thanks, Aaron. Is there a bug tracker I can follow wrt this ?
  • edited May 2014
    Yep! You can actually file a bug at enyojs.atlassian.net. I had been doing some preliminary investigation and hadn't yet written it up, but feel free to file one and link me to it so we can keep track of everything, otherwise I'll create a ticket at some point later today.

Edit 1: Are you only seeing this issue in the sample (Layout/List/Editable List) or is it a general issue? Thanks!

Edit 2: I've created an issue here which you can track: https://enyojs.atlassian.net/browse/ENYO-4042
  • This is a general issue. I lucked out because I was able to recreate in the list example. I am having the issue in a much larger application.

BTW I don't see 4042. Hmm.
  • Sorry about that, the permissions were off on the ticket, you should be able to see it now. Thanks for the update on the scope of the issue!