less-1.3.3.min.js not found

I'm working on a combined Symfony/Enyo app and I've encountered a 404 error when trying to use the less script.

The error I'm getting is
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'push' of undefined boot.js:33
enyo.machine.sheet boot.js:33
enyo.loaderFactory.loadSheet loader.js:74
enyo.loaderFactory.requireStylesheet loader.js:198
enyo.loaderFactory.require loader.js:168
enyo.loaderFactory.continueBlock loader.js:143
enyo.loaderFactory.more loader.js:97
enyo.loaderFactory.load loader.js:84
enyo.depends boot.js:80
(anonymous function) package.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'push' of undefined boot.js:33
enyo.machine.sheet boot.js:33
enyo.loaderFactory.loadSheet loader.js:74
enyo.loaderFactory.requireStylesheet loader.js:198
enyo.loaderFactory.require loader.js:168
enyo.loaderFactory.continueBlock loader.js:143
enyo.loaderFactory.more loader.js:97
enyo.loaderFactory.load loader.js:84
enyo.depends boot.js:80
(anonymous function) package.js:1
GET http://localhost/cosplay/app_dev.php/contestant/apply/enyo/tools/minifier/node_modules/less/dist/less-1.3.3.min.js 404 (Not Found) less.js:14
(anonymous function) less.js:14
(anonymous function) less.js:15
I've included the less script properly because it is being found. Once I don't include this script, the app loads/runs fine (except for bugs of my own fault).

I think the problem is that the less script does not use the same mechanism as the rest of the enyo script loading.

This is all from a page with the url localhost/cosplay/app_dev.php/contestant/apply/2. The enyo folder is located at localhost/cosplay/bundles/glitchtechsciencecosplay/app/enyo/

Comments

• You shouldn't need the less script unless you're doing local modifications to the less source files in Enyo/Onyx. And if you're doing those mods, you could just run lessc.sh and regenerate the css files from this.

We don't encourage using runtime less for minified apps, as it really slows down startup time.
  • I understand that. This is for the debug version of the code. Currently I do run the less compiler when I update my style sheets.

Once I get the app built, I'll run the build script and use that for the live version.
  • Is the less-1.3.3.min.js file being loaded by a script tag (the way we'd expect) or by being included in a package.js file (the way that seems likely to fail)?
  • OK, then the issue might be in how you're deploying the app to the server where you're not copying that file into the right folder... I know the normal minify/deploy process won't include that.
  • I'm just going to assume that is it. I'm using the less compiler to watch files and auto-update my css.