Repeater inside a repeater.

edited November 2013 in Newbie Questions
Hey. I am using enyo 2.3 and I am trying to use a repeater inside a repeater. I read a discussion about it but could not understand the conclusion so I put it up again. Here is my code (which matters)
{
            name: "dashboardRepeater",kind: "Repeater",onSetupItem:"setupItem",classes: "panel-home",components: [
                {
                    kind: "Scroller",
                    name:"repeaterItem",
                    onScroll: "reposition",
                    classes:"dashboard-item",
                    ontap: "dashboardChangeview",
                    components:[
                        {name:"dashContent",
                          components:[
                                { name: "dashboardSectionName",classes:"dashboardSectionNames"},
                                {name: "dashboardSectionUpdate", classes: "dashboardSectionUpdates"},
                                {name:"dashboardSectionList",kind: "List",onSetupItem: "setupList",components:[
                                        {  name:"dashboardsubsectionTitle" },
                                        { name: "dashboardSectiontext", allowHtml: true,classes: "dashboardSectiontext"}
                                    ]
                                },
                           ]
                        },
                    ]
                }
            ]
        }

create: function() {
        this.inherited(arguments);
        if(dashboardList.length > 0){
            this.$.dashboardRepeater.setCount(dashboardList.length);
        }
    },
setupItem: function(inSender, inEvent) {
        var index = dashboardList[inEvent.index];
        var item = inEvent.item;
        item.$.dashboardSectionName.setContent(dashboardConfig[index].title);
        item.$.dashboardSectionUpdate.setContent(dashboardConfig[index].update);
        item.$.dashboardSectionList.setCount(dashboardConfig[index].text.length);
    },

setupList: function(inSender, inEvent){
        var index = inEvent.index;
        var item = inEvent.item;
        return true;
    },
I wanted to understand how can I refer the elements of the child repeater(dashboardsubsectionTitle, dashboardSectiontext) as inEvent.item in no longer a property. They only way I found was inEvent.flyweight.bindingTransformOwner.componente[0].dashboardsubsectionTitle and others.

Any advice?

Thank you

Comments

• Be sure to also return true from setupItem -- that will prevent the internal onSetupItem event from propagating out during creation.

I'd suggest making a separate kind for the inner items and having event handling at that level instead of trying to have multiple repeaters in the same components tree.