Use of IndexedDB

edited October 2013 in General
Hi,

this is not directly related to Enyo, but I hope for some help from the JS-Pros:

I am toying around a bit with an IndexedDB implemented as an Enyo-Component, mainly to get myself comfortable with some of the concepts of Enyo and IndexedDB. The only browser I can use IndexedDB with (as developer) seems to be Google Chrome. In Firefox, I did not find a way to view the databases.

However, Chrome seems to have a "lag" in the developer tools. When I create or modify a new object store, I have to do a refresh (Strg + R) in order to see it. The "Refresh IndexedDB" in the context menu does not help. I think, this is due to Chrome marking data as deleted, but actually not deleting it (it does that later).

However, my question are:
1) Some tutorials use "event.target", some are using "event.currentTarget" within event-handlers. What's the difference? Additionally: When I open my DB, an Event is fired. The "currentTarget" of this is null (inspected via console.log(inEvent)), when a console.log(inEvent.currentTarget) reveals an IDBOpenDBRequest? Interestingly, in Firefox, the Event.currentTarget is an IDBOpenDBRequest from the beginning. As if Chrome has another "Lag" in the field of IndexedDB.
See http://jsfiddle.net/8qJJ7/3/. Somehow doesn't work in Firefox. Click on "Open DB", there will appear a group "Callback: OpenDB success " in the Console. The first output in it is the Event; when you open it, you will see "currentTarget: null". The second line is "console.log(inEvent.currentTarget);", so currentTarget suddenly has a value?
2) Can someone tell my, how I can view the size of my database?