Error cloning enyo for bootplate

I've forked enyojs/bootplate on github, then cloned the fork to my dev machine. The next is to init the submodules, but that fails:
$ git submodule update --init
Submodule 'enyo' (git@github.com:DougReeder/enyojs/enyo.git) registered for path 'enyo'
Submodule 'lib/layout' (git@github.com:DougReeder/enyojs/layout.git) registered for path 'lib/layout'
Submodule 'lib/onyx' (git@github.com:DougReeder/enyojs/onyx.git) registered for path 'lib/onyx'
Cloning into enyo...
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.252.130' to the list of known hosts.
ERROR: Repository not found.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Clone of 'git@github.com:DougReeder/enyojs/enyo.git' into submodule path 'enyo' failed
Any suggestions?

Comments

• bootplate uses relative links to the submodules... since you're cloning a local copy of enyo, it looks like you need to fork layout and onyx too.
  • edited September 2013
    I forked enyo, layout and onyx, but that didn't solve the problem. I then tried
    git clone git@github.com:DougReeder/enyo.git
    (rather than the git@github.com:DougReeder/enyojs/enyo.git that submodule was using) and that succeeded. Likewise with layout and onyx.

The resulting bootplate runs from debug.html, but the deployed version fails to find App and falls back to debug.html.

I then tried cloning the original bootplate and that gets the same error as my forked version:
    code>$ git clone git@github.com:enyojs/bootplate.git bootplate-enyojs
    Cloning into bootplate-enyojs...
    remote: Counting objects: 348, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (225/225), done.
    remote: Total 348 (delta 136), reused 323 (delta 117)
    Receiving objects: 100% (348/348), 178.24 KiB, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (136/136), done.
    $ cd bootplate-enyojs/
    Submodule 'enyo' (git@github.com:enyojs/enyojs/enyo.git) registered for path 'enyo'
    Submodule 'lib/layout' (git@github.com:enyojs/enyojs/layout.git) registered for path 'lib/layout'
    Submodule 'lib/onyx' (git@github.com:enyojs/enyojs/onyx.git) registered for path 'lib/onyx'
    Cloning into enyo...
    ERROR: Repository not found.
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    Clone of 'git@github.com:enyojs/enyojs/enyo.git' into submodule path 'enyo' failed
    I was able to clone enyo, layout and onyx (from enyojs, not my forks) and the result could be deployed and run.

I then went back to my clone and my fork of bootplate, deleted the submodules and cloned them from the enyojs originals. deploy.sh completed, but still the result failed to find App, and defaulted back to debug.html.

So, it appears you have a problem with bootplate and its submodules, and I have a separate problem with my fork of bootplate.
  • worked fine for me right now

$ git clone git@github.com:enyojs/bootplate.git test-repo
    $ cd test-repo/

Also, you can clone bootplate and then update the submodule to your fork of enyo without also forking layout and onyx.

Edit .gitmodules to update the path:
    [submodule "enyo"]
    path = enyo
    url = git@github.com:ryanjduffy/enyo.git
    [submodule "lib/onyx"]
    path = lib/onyx
    url = ../../enyojs/onyx.git
    [submodule "lib/layout"]
    path = lib/layout
    url = ../../enyojs/layout.git
    If you haven't update the submodules, calling git submodule update --init will pull in your repo instead of the enyojs repo.

If you have already updated them, run git submodule sync to sync with the submodule update. Then, cd into your enyo directory and git pull your code stream.

HTH