MVC submodule and enyo.Mixins

I dupliforked the bootplate-mvc project. I updated the mvc submodule, and retrieved the underscore and backbone libraries. After adding "$lib/mvc" to my package.js file, I tried to start my project. I got the following errors:

Uncaught enyo.kind: Attempt to subclass an unknown kind (enyo.Mixin). Check dependencies for [enyo.SelectionSupport]. enyo/source/kernel/Oop.js:69
enyo.kind enyo/source/kernel/Oop.js:69
lib/mvc/ext/SelectionSupport.js:4
Uncaught enyo.kind: Attempt to subclass an unknown kind (enyo.Mixin). Check dependencies for [enyo.CollectionArraySupport]. enyo/source/kernel/Oop.js:69
enyo.kind enyo/source/kernel/Oop.js:69
lib/mvc/ext/CollectionArraySupport.js:4
Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'Observer' lib/mvc/ext/CollectionListRowSupport.js:36
lib/mvc/ext/CollectionListRowSupport.js:36
Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'Computed' lib/mvc/controllers/CollectionController.js:47
lib/mvc/controllers/CollectionController.js:47
Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'Computed' lib/mvc/controllers/ModelController.js:14
lib/mvc/controllers/ModelController.js:14
Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'Computed' lib/mvc/views/Repeater.js:47
lib/mvc/views/Repeater.js:47
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• We just did a major rewrite of mixins as part of our internal pre6 release. We have not yet updated bootplate-mvc for this, but I'll put it on our task list for early this week.
  • Oh, lib/mvc is VERY out of date and isn't needed with the latest Enyo code. Backbone support hasn't been tested in quite a while, since we now have support for model stores in the core framework.
  • Thanks, Ben.

I finally dug in and started reading some of the source code. I realized that the mvc module was very out of date, and found other references by you that the mvc module, or at least the backbone support, was being removed and/or merged in with the core.

So, I ditched the mvc module and updated all my bootplate submodules to the latest version. That seemed to pull in more relevant stuff, including kernel/data. I realize it's a WIP, but the pieces seems to be there.

Thanks again for your response.
  • Yeah, our pre6 internal release, which just happened, is very close to feature complete. We don't have any breaking API changes planned right now, but there's some code in collections and DataList/Repeaters that still needs to be fleshed out.

I updated bootplate-mvc with a PR that's in review right now if you want to see what's changed. Look at https://github.com/enyojs/bootplate-mvc/pull/21.