I am totally lost and I need help!

edited February 2012 in Enyo 1.0
Where do I start I want to create a Bible Application. I have everything installed including Enyo which its just a zip file. I don't understand how it works. Maybe a video of someone creating a app can help.

Comments

• I would start by exploring the enyo-1.0-r1/support/examples folder contained in the Enyo1.0 zip file. That folder has a handful of demos/examples that should get you started.

I've noticed that you may need to edit the index.html file of those examples to target the actual location of the enyo framework. For example, the HelloWorld demo looks for the enyo framework at:
    when it should be:
    For something like a bible application, you might want to check out the Lists and StyleMatters examples as well. Those contains the various UI components & list support that you would probably be able to use.
  • edited February 2012
    Thank you for the info and quick response.... I have pretty much been following it word for word but... I guess I do not understand how to run the enyo script in the browser.

I wrote the depends.js and JSON. ect. I just cannot get the buttons to show up in the browser. I only get a shaded grey screen.

(last but not least... I unzipped the enyo file folder ... am I suppose to keep it zipped?)
  • Should be unzipped. If you're getting a grey screen, it's probably loading the framework successfully (because the enyo CSS appears to be loaded). Might launch the developer tools in Chrome to check for any script errors and validate all the necessary resources are being loaded. Feel free to post some code as well.
  • Thank you for the suggestion. So I change to script source for enyo (got a white screen) then changed it back to original and I am still getting a white screen now.... urrgh. I am still totally lost please correct me. I posted some pics of what I see. http://www.angelfire.com/ex/windows/ss1.png http://www.angelfire.com/ex/windows/ss2.png
  • script path is incorrect. should be framework\enyo.js, not framework.enyo.js. That should get you back to a grey screen and hopefully an error message in the javascript console that helps track down why your controls aren't rendering.
  • edited February 2012
    Thank you for that so this is what pops up.....
    Failed to load resource
    file:///C:/.../Documents/NetBeansProjects/Java24/Projectbible/depends.jsFailed to load resource
    XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/.../Documents/NetBeansProjects/Java24/Projectbible/C:/enyo-1.0-r1/framework/framework_config.json. Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP.
    enyo-build.js:1758enyo.xhr.request() exception: Error: NETWORK_ERR: XMLHttpRequest Exception 101
    enyo-build.js:5799Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'status' of undefined
    enyo-build.js:6243WARNING: Executing pending window params, but no params list found.
    index.html:11Uncaught ReferenceError: MyApps is not defined
  • So I input the (notes) recommendation as well and I also, when checking the java script code notice it was looking for a css and source folder to find the FeedReader.js and css files so I am assuming I fixed that. I dont understand the part error loading, and cannot find MyApp... http://www.angelfire.com/ex/windows/ss3.png
    I am starting from scratch again. I also moved my project file in the enyo folder
    C:\enyo-1.0-r1\FeedReader (don't know if that helps but..)
  • C:\...\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-file-cookies and -disable-web-security--allow-file-access-from-files

let me know maybe if i did this part wrong..
  • C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-file-cookies --disable-web-security is what i have
  • Here is what I have on mine, note I use a separate Chrome profile so I'm not running wide-open in my normal browser:

--allow-file-access-from-files --allow-http-access-from-files --disable-web-security --enable-file-cookies
  • Thank you all for all the help. I finally got it to work. You all are awesome