Current State

Wow. Things are really coming along.

Things I like:
The code editor esp. the themes for viewing code
The layout of properties/events
Built in phonegap build
Built in preview mode (this is already so much better than the old ares)
Clean look

Things not working yet/ not clear:
How do I get phonegap build to really work (I gave it my username/password but it looked like it needed some further authentication)
In playing around with properties/events, sometimes hitting a button would produce no response and I wasn't sure why
In trying to switch between files using the tabs at the top, it would produce a no kinds error that I figured out was because it was trying to dump in pre-existing functions from the designer to the code editor. This produced the error as it tried to reparse the file.

I'm looking forward with a lot of eagerness to using it in the future. Great work.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    also, trying to create a new project gives me the option of where I want the directory but not an option to create a folder... at least for me.

Change that> I found the button to create a new folder but it doesn't let me name it. Also for some reason the template option didn't appear above the new project popup but below it.
  • The phonegap build setup is a bit fiddly, and that's partly just the nature of code signing for mobile platforms, and partly an Ares issue. I'll see if I can clarify the instructions in the readme.md a little.
    In playing around with properties/events, sometimes hitting a button would produce no response and I wasn't sure why
    Can you give an example? There are some known bugs there, but you might have run across something new.
    In trying to switch between files using the tabs at the top, it would produce a no kinds error that I figured out was because it was trying to dump in pre-existing functions from the designer to the code editor. This produced the error as it tried to reparse the file.
    This is something I had *thought* was resolved. Will take another look. Probably, we're not propagating changes from the designer to the editor properly when switching tabs.
  • Thanks for the feedback, by the way.
  • Would it be possible to start preview with the Allow-Access-Origin issues taken care of? Using the right --flags to make it happen?
  • edited January 2013
    The properties/events issue happens with my largest kind (main one). It seemed to happen initially with when evaluating a panels kind within the main one. This is also the kind that has the issue with dumping the pre-existing functions in.

Also in Deimos if the name of the kind is "too long", it pushes the code editor button out of the toolbar.